Friday, September 26, 2008

Trial By Fire

Ok....Here goes nothing this is my 1st post. I decided to start this blog so that friends and family would be able to keep updated on the happenings in our family. It seems sad to me that I live in the same town as my brother and parents and still can't find time to see them as much as we would like. So I will begin this with the condensed version of the 411 in our house.

First, school started the end of August this was an exciting time for us, Kaid got to go to a brand new High School, which is in Salem they are the SalemHills Skyhawks. It has been quite the experience to see this school start from the ground up, Colby's company were the Electrical Contractors which did the school so we have many ties to the completion. Kaid seems to be enjoying the social part of school, and meeting lots of new friends, especially the girls.

Brett he also started a new chapter in his education he got to move to Junior High, he is in 7th grade and excels. We went to parent teacher conference and every teacher told me how much they enjoy having him in their classes, if he could just work on his talking. ( I have no idea where he gets his gift of gab :)

Brock is the last one in Elementary, he is in second grade and he likes school, this is a huge improvement from the last two years. We don't have any crying fits in the mornings any longer and mornings seem to go tons better. He played baseball this summer and is obsessed with BYU football. He eat, sleeps and drinks football.

As for Colby and I, we both have started new jobs in the past year. Colby works for the church at Church Headquarters, he is still an Electrician for them. He has amazing stories it seems on a weekly basis as to whom he has been able to meet. He seems to enjoy it, he rides the bus to work daily so it does make for a longer commute. I how ever have shortened my commute, I now work in town as the Office Manager for an Electrical Contractor. I love being so close to home. I am still in school and should only have about 2 more semesters left. I go at a snails pace I know, BUT I am also a mom.

Well that is what is happening in our neck of the woods...Stay tuned there will be lots more...Remember I have 3 boys, life is never ending at our house.

Erika

1 comment:

David and Denise Larsen said...

This is such a great blog page...except no pictures of the parents!!! We would be happy if you emailed those pictures to us in a larger format so we could save them....Mom and Dad