Sunday, May 3, 2009

Graduation



This week has been pretty crazy with all of the hunting, kids, finals, ball practice, and graduation. Yes I finally got my associates degree. I have been going to school part time for awhile now, and was waiting for two friends to have there credits so that we could all graduate together, unfortunately I waited as long as I could and finally had to do it without one of them. But Kimberly and I both got our associates degrees on Friday! I know I so should have listened to my parents and done it while I was younger--- But I now only have 20 credits and I will also have my Bachelors degree! It was a very surreal feeling, I remember graduating from high school and moving right to Montana, life was going to be an adventure and I was young and ready for it. WOW what 16 years will do, this time I had all my kids, Colby and my parents. It was neat to be able to hear them cheering me on when they called my name. I have always been there cheerleader, this time they got to be mine. Thanks!


At graduation we where honored to hear from President Thomas S. Monson it was so neat. He gave great advice to all of the graduates and closed his speech with reminding people what the two most important words in world were "THANK YOU" he said that we need to make sure that we say these words more.

While we where waiting for the processional the first presidency was down in the tunnel as well, I got the opportunity to shake Pres. Uchtdorf hand, it was neat to see these men who have devoted their lives to the Lord, they are spiritual giants who are so down to earth and such good men. It was a special experience.

I am so happy to have this leg of the journey done, and can't wait to continue to gain an education and knowledge. But I had better take the advise of Pres. Monson and say THANK YOU to my wonderful husband who always gives me support (even though he tells me that I am just in psychology to TRY to figure him out) my kids who have had to share my time with school. And to my parents who have always told me just how important an education is, and that I could always do it if I put my mind to it. And Kathy and Rog (Mom & Dad Dickson) for giving me determination (stubbornness?!?) and support. THANK YOU!!!!

Erika

2 comments:

Fiddlefish said...

GO ERIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
I'm soooooo proud of you for sticking it out. You are going to be so glad you did -- so glad. You go, girl!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. It is such a wonderful feeling to get through it. It took me 10 years and I didn't have a husband and kids, so HATS OFF TO YOU!!!! Way to go!