Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm DONE Part 2


***UPDATE*****
I just got off the phone with the Vice Principal, he said that the District took in to account Bretts grades, attendance, and lack of problems in the past and have decided that it would be in the best interest of everyone if they ONLY give him a WARNING!!!! I am so excited. I never knew what all of the excitement was about in the first place. So Brett is now in class and was told that he can't bring ammo to school.

Ok, you all see that the boys look cute and innocent in this picture?! Well lets just say that looks can be deceiving. The past month, no scratch that the past year and a half we have been fighting a battle with the school. It seems that no one really cares if your child succeed in school they just want them to be there to get their funding. (Sorry mom and dad I know when you taught you were different! I am talking about now) And I am sure that in deed there are still teachers that care, they are just not at the schools that my kids go to. Enough said. Well it started with issues at or with Kaid, in Payson they never marked tardies, in Salem they are obsessed with making sure they have the best school and all that BS! They are just trying to make a name for themselves, anyway we will just say that Kaid has 24 hours of detention to make up! Yes that is not a typo 24 hours. So we feel like we are making some progress and "think" things are getting better and we find out that Brock cheats- see earlier post called Cheating if you need that story. Then we go back to dealing with issues with Salem, Colby and I take a day off of work to go over and straighten things out with them. We ended up spending 4 hours there! And then last night I get a call from Brett's school.....Hence the earlier post "I'M DONE!"
I am informed that Brett had 3 "17 shells" in his pocket and the school is a "Safe School" he is in direct violation of the Safe School, the Vice Principal is waiting to hear from the School District as to his punishment, BUT he assures me that he is looking at anywhere from 10 days to 1 year suspension. Are you freaking kidding me?! He did not have a gun he had some shells in his pocket...He did not threaten anyone, he simply forgot that they were in his pocket...Are you freaking kidding me?
I went in this morning to see what they had decided. The Vice-Principal said that they have not heard yet what his punishment will be. I tried explaining that Brett was a good kid, never been in trouble or anything. His response was it doesn't matter he violated policy. And they will send him to skill building until they find out how long the suspension will be. He told Brett he could work on his missing assignments while in skills, I asked if the Vice-Principal knew who he was dealing with. Brett had a 3.95 both terms and is getting a 4.0 right now. So what homework does he need to do?!?!
Are you freaking kidding me?! (I know that I have said that- but come on, this is ridiculous) So as soon as I hear anything I will let you all know.
Erika

2 comments:

Candi and kids said...

Teenagers are so fun!! My Mom and Dad said that Harley is payback for my Teenage years! That SUCKS! The school is being ridiculous with Brett. I hate all of the power trips that some of the school administration goes on! Just remember to print your blog and give it as a journal to your kids when their kids become TEENS!!!

A Gilmore Girls Fan said...

Hello there!

I found you through an old blog makeover giveaway entry. I noticed that you did not win. I am a custom blog designer, and I am offering a super sale on complete blog makeovers featuring the whole shebang (anything you want). If you sign up before the 20th of this month, it will only cost you a mere $25.50. If you get someone else to sign up, it will only cost you $20.

Please check out my portfolio at SubjectiveBeauty.com and feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my services or work at webmaster@subjectivebeauty.com.

I should also add, that you do not pay until you are 100% satisfied with your design. I rework designs as many times as needed to please the customer.

I'd love to design a special blog for you :o)