Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Journal

First off I only write this, because this is more of a journal for me. So if you don't want to read that's fine.
lately it has been really hard watching my kids grow up and make decisions for themselves. I always thought that I would enjoy this time, and now I am not so sure I want them to grow up. It seems that Satan is working so hard on the youth and as the mom I can't make all of the decisions, I have to watch my kids make their own (decision) and then help them with the consequences which fallow. The past month decisions and consequences are seeming to be a daily thing in our household. I really just want to throw my hands in the air and say "I'm DONE!" But I can't because I would let Satan win if I did that. I would be giving in and no one but he would win. So daily I get up and start over, I continue to try to teach my kids right from wrong and instill in them a testimony that they will know. That they will be able to stand up for what they know is right. When I was younger I would hear the statement "it takes a village to raise a child" I thought that who ever said it was a crazy person. I now as a mom realize that the statement is so true, I need everyone to help raise and be examples to my children. It seems that there can never be enough people in their lives who love them and want what is best for them. I want my kids to know that I don't expect them to be perfect, BUT I do expect them to strive to be. I want them to realize that their actions now, will affect their futures. They need to make right choices and reap the rewards.

No comments: