Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Goodbyes


I have always told Colby that he is lucky because he never cries, I can cry over TV shows. It is really bad. But this weekend I had to say good bye to my grandma, Maurine Malmberg. To my kids she was grandma M & M. She was my mom's mom. She lived in California most of my life so I did not get to see her as much as most. But she was a very strong, faithful, caring lady. I remember going out to California several times to visit and picking lemons off of her tree in the back yard. We stayed with them a few times when Kaid had to have surgeries at the hospital out there.

I had the opportunity to go to the hospital once my mom was told that she would not be surviving, I went over and was able to spend several hours with her and my cousin's, it was a very special time to be able to feel the spirit and see the power of the priesthood. I know that she and my grandpa are having a joyous reunion. While it is hard to say goodbye, I know that I will see both of them again.

Erika

No comments: